April 13, 2014

Animal Stax...

I have been so busy getting the house ready to put up for sale, that I haven't spent much time in my studio creating art.  I decided enough is enough...

Life Book 2014 Week 15 led by Tamara Laporte.  We are to create a totem pole comprised of quirky animals.

My animals are so quirky, it's hard to determine what they are.  For example, the top figure in my mind was a hippopotamus - it turned out more ape like and looks like a gorilla - go figure!   The same thing happens when I think of a tune.  In my head it sounds fabulous - I open my mouth and the sound that comes out is nothing and I mean NOTHING like the tune in my head!

It was mindless fun and tomorrow I will continue to clean up, throw out and donate!

sketches

add some paint

finished piece


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the picture! found you on inspire me wed. I paint as well, and blog about my travels. hope you will stop by!
http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My daughter would love that!

Brea said...

Getting house ready for sale = not much fun. Painting = fun! I like what you created!

Snap said...

What fun! Your totem made me smile. Much more fun to draw animals than get a house ready for a move.

tiarastantrums said...

SO BEAUTIFULLY creative!!

Kim said...

I'm glad you took that necessary creative time in the midst of house selling logistics! So refreshing!