Each page measures 9x12. These were sewn together in pairs. A 2" wide by 12" long strip of water color paper, folded in half - holes punched - sandwiched between the left side of the pairs to enable the pages to be inserted into the journal cover. (Holes punched using Cinch machine.)
It's easier to sew with a large needle (topstitch 100/16), wide zigzag stitch (5.0) and sew SLOWLY. I found binder clips really helped to keep the pages together while sewing.
Cover and spine made from back pages of water color paper tablet - nice and sturdy. Front and back covers each measure 12-1/2 x 10; spine measures 12-1/2 x 2-1/2. Holes punched on each side of spine lining up with the holes punched in each journal page. (Holes punched using Cinch machine.)
I used wallpaper (found it for $8 in bargain bin!) to cover the journal. It's pretty and quite heavy. My adhesive of choice is a mixture of 3 parts methyl cellulose and 5 parts white glue. It lasts a long time in a tightly sealed container. (It doesn't dry right away so it's easy to move the paper around). Once the paper was on and smoothed into place, I used a Japanese hole punch in the existing holes in the spine to cut through the cover paper to make sure I could easily find them later! (Note the space of approximately 3/8" between the spine and each cover.)
Stacking heavy books weighted down by plastic containers and bricks keeps the cover nice and flat to dry.
Paper cut to size for inside cover; adhered with glue mixture, covered and weighted down to dry. I find it better to adhere the papers in two steps - outside cover first then inside. It takes longer this way, but the results are much better. (Once inside paper is dry, I used Japanese hole punch again.)
Pages lined up; rattail strung through each hole.
Decorate outside cover.
Insert rattails through cover and tie.